Ants are known as foragers because of their nature of hive systems. In order to supply their colony and queen, they need to go out and invade space to find food. Most times, they need to march far and wide to search for food and move food to their hive. Therefore, invading your home or house to find food is a big probability events. If they find the crumbs on the floor or countertops, they will be happy to steal them. What’s worse, they can leave a scent trail to attract more ants to the new food source. Or course, you can kill the invading ants, but you cannot stop them coming back again and again, unless the queen and its colony are eliminated effectively.
Best Ant Killer
We have compiled this list of top 5 best ant killers to help you eliminate ants. These ant killers don’t only target ants but the queen and the whole hive population. These best ant killers are very simple to use, effective and they can offer you lasting results. If you have ant problems, the best one should be a terminal solution to the entire hive. When you use one of them, make sure your pets and kids cannot contact these toxic substances on our list. Therefore, be careful.
1. TERRO Ant Killer Liquid Ant Baits (pre-filled)
This ank killer is widely known and respected, so you can trust its effectiveness. TERRO products are all good, and this product gives you more. Its liquid formula is prepackaged in its bait stations, which means the bait is ready to use and you don’t need to deal with it. Therefore, it is pretty easy to use. You just need to place one station where ants are very active, and then it will work for you. The effective ingredient is borax that doesn’t kill ants immediately but allow ants to spread the bait to their population in the colony. This means the borax in the bait can kill all the hive population gradually. The bait is a sweetened liquid, so ants will be happy to consume. Most people who have used it highly recommend this ant killer.
- Can kill all types of common household ants
- Offers ready-to-use bait stations that are prefilled
- Features pantented design to prevent bait from drying out
- The bait is very attractive to ants.
- Easy to use and just place ant batis where ants are numerous
- The six baits are enough to offer sufficient food for the ants.
2. Combat Source Kill Max A2 Ant Killing Gel
If you have found some ants are invading your home or house and plan to eliminate them, you can try this Combat Ant Killing Gel. This product offers a syringe which allows you to use it in any place where ants are very active. The best way is to place this gel in the ants’ path so that ants have to contact it. This can attract ants to consume this gel. The main effective ingredient of this killer is fipronil that is a slow killer. Once the ants move the food to their colony, other ants and the queen will consume and finally the entire colony will be killed and eliminated. This one is designed to be used outside too, so it is also effective out as inside.
- Ease of use
- resistant to child and pets
- Able to kill the entire ant colony
- This killer features high water content, ensuring faster feeding. And ants will be killed within 1 hour.
- With this killer, you an control the colony within 3 to 5 days.
- It offers a Syringe applicator, so you can easily place the gel in hard to reach areas
- Leaves little to no mess
3. Raid 11717 Ant & Roach Killer
The Raid Ant & Roach Killer is widely known as its quick knockdown as well as its residual effects. This product is very popular and trust-able in insecticides. As the standard spray, the main ingredient is a synthetic pyrethrin extracting from a plant named chrysanthemum. It can kill ants directly if they contact the formula. In order to make it last for a long time, the formula is added to an oil-like petrochemical. Therefore, its spray can keep moist and effective for up to 10 days. Once ants cross the path that is sprayed, they will be killed. You need to repeat the application. Well, this product doesn’t kill the queen and the colony. However, it is really a good weapon if your house or home is overrun by ants.
- Kills ant on contact
- Last for up to 1 month
- Leave no chemical odor
- Leave no fragrance odor
- Special unscented formula is used to improve effectiveness and product odor
- Less oily residue will be left.
4. Compare-N-Save Fire Ant Killer Granules
Fire ants are difficult to handle, so you need the most effective ant killer to get the job done. The Compare-N-Save Fire Ant Killer Granules is one of the best choices. The main ingredient is a pyrethrin-based chemical named bifenthrin which can react on the ants’ nervous system when they contact it. This killer is also very easy to use. You only need to pour this killer on the mound directly and then the queen and the fire ants will become inundated with this killer. Finally, the entire colony will be eliminated. However, this one is only designed for fire ants. It will not effect on invading ants in your home or house, unless you find the ant colony and pour it onto the colony directly. Fire ants are very popular in the US, so it is useful in most situations.
- Contains 0.2 percent of Bifenthrin, making it more effective than others killers
- You can use it to control fire ants around lawns, landscapes and homes.
- Easy to use and just apply it to the mound
- Effective to kill fire ants up to 1,000 sq. ft
5. Safer Brand 51702 Diatomaceous Earth – Bed Bug, Ant and Crawling Insect Killer
If you are looking for an ant killer that is one of the best ones and also one of the safest ones, this one is the best choices. This is because it doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals. Therefore, it is safe to use around your pets and kids and ideal for organic gardens. It is made of ground fossilized diatom powder. For us, the powder feels like grit, but when ants ingest or walk on it, the powders become razor blades. Due to the moisture loss, the ants will die. This product takes a good use of the abrasive characteristics of the powder. Of course, you need to spray this product on ant trackways you already know. This ant killer is only effective to the ants in your home and house and it will not kill the entire ant colony. It works both indoors and outdoors. And it is the most effective in dry places.
- A very effective ant killer thanks to its Diatomaceous earth-based powder
- Kill ants by dehydration or ingestion in 2 days and you can use it indoors or outdoors
- It also can kill silverfish, earwig, cockroach, bed bugs, as well as other pests.
- Pests cannot develop a drug resistance, becasue no chemical is used and the pests’ immunity system cannot be developed.
- USDA-approved and OMRI Listed for organic gardening